Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Internet Demons

I've talked a little bit about demons before but I thought I would discuss the idea of demons on the Internet for a bit.  It seems logical to me that with more and more of humanity migrating onto the Internet for various reasons that demons (in the neutral non-human spirit sense and in the malevolent entity sense) would follow.  Indeed, the Internet has become a realm of its own.

So, what if there are demons on the Internet?  This provides some new ground for exploration in the dated study that is demonology as well as some new opportunity for magickians.  Maybe it even provides new opportunity for the sciences now that technology is inherently involved with the demonic activity.

This idea could even be spread to cover those strange electronic gremlins that each of us gets from time to time.  I'm sure I'm not the only one that has had a computer do something incredibly strange and then never do it again.  Could this be the hi-jinks of an Internet demon trying to upset me and feed on my emotion or is it attributable to the fickle nature of modern technology?  Hard to say really.

I think that this is a neat idea, as neat as the idea that the Internet is its own living entity, and it could be expanded on greatly.  I'll leave that for others to do though.  I think the big question is:  Have our demons followed us online?  There probably is no definitive answer to that but the link below gives a short, somewhat disturbing, account of the ramifications.

Demons in the 'Net

No comments:

Post a Comment