Sunday, January 29, 2012

Astral Projection - A Personal Project

Astral projection is a subject that seems like a no-brainer for someone like me to be interested in. For me, the interesting part is how hard it's been for me to get much experience at all with this phenomenon. Most other mystical or esoteric phenomena I've made an effort to accomplish came comparatively easy with a little focused intent and study, but astral projection is one of those things that is almost infuriating in how hard it is for me to do it.

I've read book after book, tried the standard techniques, tried to develop my own theory and methods, and yet I've had very limited success. Part of my problem is that I seem to only ever have time or desire to try it out after I lie down to go to sleep for the night which is a huge no-no for conscious astral projection. To date the best I've ever been able to accomplish are some lucid dreams and some false awakenings and even those were entirely by accident. Typically what happens is I lie in a trance, experience vibrations and sensations of motion, maybe feel my limbs floating about, but I just never seem to be able to make it completely out of my body.

Instead of giving up like some people might, I'm actually going to pick astral projection back up after many months of disinterest. This is actually the project I mentioned in my last post regarding getting back into doing stuff. My thinking is that if I continually study astral projection, make an effort to practice some standard techniques, and get my mind right as to how I think it works then maybe I'll get lucky one of these times and go zooming out amongst the cosmos.

So the first part of my project is a formal statement of intent here. Maybe with it written for all to see I'll have a little more motivation to get it right this time. This will also be a way for me to eventually give some kind of progress report or at least relay what I've learned. Anyone that has any advice or experiences is more than welcome to share them below in the comments. Wish me luck.

5 comments:

  1. I've heard that if you have sleep paralysis, it's a great opportunity to attempt astral projection. I haven't tried this, but it's worth a shot:

    Ask your guides to help your astral body leave your physical body.

    Your physical body does not want your astral body to leave at all. If you ask, your spirit guides will help you leave. Ask for protection as well. There are beings with bad intentions and you'll be in their plane. Not yours anymore, so keep a high vibration to keep them away.

    I know asking your guides doesn't seem rational, but it doesn't hurt to try. I'm enjoying your blog, Obby. (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're enjoying my blog!

    I'm looking into utilizing certain stones to help me out with astral projection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, sounds like me and telekinesis. It's funny, too, because I'm apparently a natural at astral projection. It's just not something I want to mess with, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny enough, I've had more success with telekinesis than I've had with astral projection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll trade you. Hehehehe.

    ReplyDelete