Sunday, January 15, 2012

Doing Stuff

A problem that I encounter a lot in paranormal or occult groups is a that there is a lot of discussing and philosophizing but not a lot of practice. Granted, it's difficult to do any sort of group practice when the group is hosted on a message board or chat server. However, I feel it's important to guard against armchair occultism which is too easy to fall into. Day-to-day life tends to get in the way of metaphysical efforts but recognizing this is the first step in doing something about it.

Lately I've found myself invested in mundane concerns with not a lot of time to devote to occultism. When I do find time I usually spend it on the computer or in front of the television. Recognizing this, I'm going to make more of an effort to actually do something in the realm of the paranormal and occult. This may start as just reading another book for inspiration but I have a project in mind and a goal I want to work toward. I'm sure that I'm not the only occultist that has had this happen to them. I think that taking a break from occult or spiritual projects is sometimes necessary in order to rest and gain some perspective.

Now I'm ready to pick it back up again. Ready to do more rather than just talk about doing more. Hopefully this can serve as some inspiration to my fellow occultists out there that are tired of just learning stuff and now want to do stuff. Thanks to the people that have stressed doing stuff in the past and tried to get all of us lazy occultists motivated again. You know who you are. So what are you waiting for? Go do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment