Sunday, December 26, 2010

Creepypasta

For those of you that don't know, creepypasta are essentially short horror stories that proliferate on the Internet.  Many of them are uncredited and posted over and over again on anonymous message boards.  Some of them even take on the status of urban legend as they have managed to blur the line between fantasy and reality.  My best guess is that the name derives from "creepy" and "copypasta."

I am not really a fan of creepypasta myself.  I think that this is mostly because these things tend to proliferate on paranormal boards and when I'm on those boards I'd rather discuss actual paranormal things rather than fiction.  Sometimes most of the threads can be creepypasta, attempts at creepypasta, or discussions of favorite creepypasta.  That's when it gets annoying and that's probably why I have no taste for it.

In the future I may end up giving creepypasta a chance as I do recognize the creativity and effort, but right now I just find it a distraction to other pursuits.  For those of you that are interested, I present this link:  http://www.creepypasta.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment