Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My ambiguous stance regarding some paranormal topics.

I've been told that when it comes to some paranormal topics that I'm very ambiguous about where I stand.  There is a reason for this and it is mostly because I'm not sure where I stand on a lot of things.  I believe that the UFO phenomenon is a reality.  However, I do not know what is causing it.  I believe that Bigfoot may exist but we won't know for sure until we find one.

There are some topics that I'm less ambiguous about because I have more knowledge or experience with them.  ESP and PK are two things that I am a strong believer in as I've seen the research that supports both and I've had personal experiences with both.  Magic(k) is another thing that I believe in (to some extent) as I have some experience with it.  In all of these cases, I don't claim to have the absolute answers of how they work; I just know that they do.

Another reason that I hold to some ambiguity is that I don't want to shove my opinions down other peoples' throats.  I'd rather just give my readers the information and let them decide for themselves (which I hope they do anyway, regardless of how I feel about a topic).

I guess the point of all of this is that if you see that I'm not taking a solid stance on some topic or other that it's not because I don't care about it or don't know anything about the topic; it's because I'm trying to remain as impartial as possible for the reader or because I simply can't say for certain.  Who can really say much for certain about the paranormal anyway?

No comments:

Post a Comment